You’ll easily find London-based globetrotter Anicka Wintle enjoying a sunny seascape. As the UK Senior PR Manager for Burberry (and former Parlour X girl), Anicka’s Instagram account features some of the dreamiest locations we’ve seen. So, naturally we asked her what to do in Ibiza.
Is there a centralised location or best area to consider when looking at accommodation in Ibiza?
My favourite areas in Ibiza are towards the centre or North of the island, Santa Gertrudis, Saint Eularia or Saint Josep - away from all the hustle and bustle and tourists.
What are the leading hotels for a luxe stay?
Finca The Yard
– A super small boutique hotel/bnb situated in hills of Santa Eularia. A hidden gem, perfect for couples or friends who are looking for a more chilled and relaxing holiday.
– For those who are looking for a more luxurious getaway. A beautiful setting hidden away in the hills of Santa Gertrudis.
- Another small and very stylish boutique hotel North of the island in Portinatx that embodies the quintessential charm of eccentric Ibiza.
– If you’re looking to stay close into town.
For large groups, hiring a villa via Airbnb or other booking sites are always the best option and there is usually quite a lot to choose from.
How long should you stay in Ibiza?
5 nights (however whenever I’m there it never feels long enough!)
Your top restaurants and eateries?
- A beautiful cafe situated amongst a garden of orange trees. The food is simple and tasty with lots of veggie options.
– A farm to table restaurant, best for lunch so you can explore the beautiful grounds afterwards and relax by the pool. The fresh fish is a must here.
Finca La Plaza
– For dinner under the stars, a mix of Spanish Italian and French cuisine.
– A casual Italian dinner spot in the small town of Santa Gertrudis that specializes in Milanese (good to go if you’re craving a good pizza too!)
El Chiringuito Beach Club
- Go for a late lunch and relaxing on the beach. You can enjoy fresh French oysters as they are shucked at your table.
– Best for sunset cocktails and a vibey dinner
- A seafood restaurant where you can eat, swim and get a massage… all on the beach!
– If you’re craving Japanese!
Your favourite beach and poolside destinations?
– One of my favourite beach clubs in Ibiza. Situated on the East side of the island, it’s the perfect place to relax and soak up some sun in peace. Make sure you pre-book sun beds!
Cotton Beach Club
– An all-white lunch setting overlooking the beautiful Cala Tarida with beach beds out the front.
– Go here on a Sunday afternoon to watch local hippies playing drums as the sunsets. Strictly BYO so make sure you pack yourself a picnic (and rosé!)
– After a day on the beach Cala Comte head to Sunset Ashram for a sunset cocktail.
– The sister venue to beach club Amante, Aiyanna is more of a boho vibe beach club with a restaurant attached.
Where are your favourite spots to dance and have fun?
Ibiza for me is all about late afternoon long lunches - Anywhere in Formentera where the lunch goes past 6pm.
Your pick of best boutiques; multi-brand, designer stores?
All restaurants listed have boutiques attached to them that offer a selection of trinkets, fashion and homeware.
My favourite is the boutique within Los Enamorados hotel
Also check out Las Dalias
hippy market that is open every Saturday and where you can find crafts from all over the globe, clothes, trinkets, hammocks and antiques. It’s always busy so be prepared for the crowds!
What are your travel essentials for Ibiza?
Institut Esthederm Photo Reverse Face Sun Screen
A straw hat
Fresco ball beach bats
A good selection of bikinis
Any local getaways one should pair their trip to Ibiza with?
Hire a boat for the day and head over to Formentera, book a table at Beso Beach at 4pm (their second sitting), and finish off with a swim in the crystal-clear water of Playas de Illetes.
Any insider tips like getting around the island?
Hiring a car is definitely a must so you can explore all different parts of the island. If you’re with a big group, pre-book all travel, as cabs are usually unavailable or require a long wait.
THE PACKING LIST: