Nick Tobias and Miranda Darling share with Parlour X their best tips for visiting Zurich.
What are the best restaurants in Zurich?
- Rämistrasse 4, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland KROPF
- In Gassen 16, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland OBERE FLUGASSE
- Flühgasse 69, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland CONTRAPUNTO
- Waaggasse 5, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland SCHLUSSEL
- Seefeldstrasse 177, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland KINDLI
- Pfalzgasse 1, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland VELTLINER KELLER
- Schlüsselgasse 8, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland MARKTHALLE
- Limmatstrasse 231, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland LUMIERE
- Widdergasse 5, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland CAFE ODEON
- Limmatquai 2, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
What are your ultimate fashion/shopping destinations in Zurich?
- Bahnhofstrasse, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland TRANSA
- Lagerstrasse 4, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland Transa for anything you could ever need for the outdoors. FRANZ CARL WEBER
- Bahnhofstrasse 62, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland One of the best toy shops EVER! TROIS POMMES
- Weggengasse 1, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland SALVATORE SCITTO
- In Gassen 14, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland MAUD
- In Gassen 6, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland BRUNO'S
- Bahnhofstrasse 44, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland LORO PIANA
- Bahnhofstrasse 26, 8001 Zurich GRIEDER
- Bahnhofstrasse 30, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland FIDELIO
- Münzplatz 1, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland ORELL FUSSLI
- Stadelhoferstrasse 8 Zürich, Switzerland Visit Orell Fussli for books in English.
What are the best activities for kids in Zurich?
LAKE ZURICH Tour the lake with the ferry. THE CIRCUS KNIE SEEBAD UTOQUAI
- Utoquai, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland Visit the wooden baths on the lake. ZOO ZURICH
- Zürichbergstrasse 221, 8044 Zürich, Switzerland The Zoo and surrounding fields are perfect for kids. ALPINE ACTIVITIES All the many alpine activities within an hour of the city (sledding skiing iceskating; zip-lining go karting mountain biking etc). TEUSCHER
- Bahnhofstrasse 46, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland Visit Teuscher and see this extraordinarily decorated chocolate shop. LEIBUNDGUT
- Kuttelglasse 8, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland Amazing shop for all art/ craft/ dollhouse accessories.
What are the best local cultural activities in Zurich?
- Museumstrasse 2, 8021 Zürich, Switzerland OPERA HOUSE
- Falkenstrasse 1, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland VITA PARCOUR
- Wipkingen, 8037 Zurich, Switzerland FOOD MARKETS: Vist the food markets at Burkliplatz and Helvetziaplastz. CAFES: You must visit all the amazing cafes where the locals go to drink an aperitif and exchange ideas and gossip.
What are the best museums/art galleries in Zurich?
- Heimplatz 1, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland HAUSER AND WIRTH GALLERY
- Limmatstrasse 270 Zürich, Switzerland CENTRE LE CORBUSIER
- Höschgasse 8, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland RIETBERG MUSEUM
- Gablerstrasse 15, 8002 Zürich, Switzerland
What is your favourite ‘precinct’ or area of Zurich?
Altstadt on both sides of the river.
Do you have any insider tips for Zurich that most people wouldn’t normally know about?
The baths on the lake are the best and become bars in the evening. Public transport is amazing and key. If you are staying a few days in Zurich before heading up to the mountains, you can send your skiis/ mountain bikes up to your hotel ahead of you and just pack a small a small bag for the town. The train from the airport to the city centre is extremely fast and efficient. Don’t bother with a taxi. Locals never do. Everything closes on a Sunday. If you need to buy something head to the shopping complex under the Hauptbanhoff (the main train station) or Stadelhofen. Bratwurst stands for lunch are excellent! People greet each other with three kisses – do not be confused. You can drink from the spouts in the public fountains.